Zilker Garden Festival
Zilker Botanical Garden
2220 Barton Springs Rd, Austin 78746
Saturday: 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
Sunday: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Stop by the Travis County Master Gardener’s vendor tent to purchase a variety of ornamental plants, vegetables and herbs then head over to Kids’ Corner for fun educational garden activities.
Entrance - $10 Adults (age 13+), $4 Children (age 4-12), Under age 4 Free, Parking $5
For more information visit http://www.zilkergarden.org/ZGF/index.html
A Passion for Plants: An East Austin Garden Fair
Parque Zaragoza Recreation Center
2608 Gonzales Street, Austin 78702
9:00 am – 2:00 pm, Rain or Shine
Ask the experts and get garden ideas - Lots of Kid-friendly activities! Fair showcases creative, low-cost ways to grow vegetables, herbs and fruit as well as information about landscaping, backyard animals and an assortment of demonstration activities.
Free plants, garden magazines, seed catalogs and plastic garden buckets. Free soil screening for food gardeners – bring a 2-cup soil sample in a quart zip lock bag.
For more information call 512-854-9600 or visit http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/travis/local-extension-resources/east-austin-garden-fair/
Inside Austin Gardens Tour
5 private gardens, 1 public garden
9:00 am - 4:00 pm, Rain or Shine
A rare, behind-the-scenes look at gardens that demonstrate realistic, sustainable practices for Central Texas.
- Earth-Kind Landscaping – environmentally friendly principles and a secret garden.
- Wildlife Restoration/Preservation – fruits, veggies, beehives & miniature horses.
- Birds, Butterflies, and Zen – natives, natural attractors along with meditation space.
- Sun & Shade – sunny daylilies, shady umbrellas and gingers to soothe the soul.
- Journey Through Fairyland – whimsical design, plethora of plants & a garden piano.
- AgriLife Testing Ground – rainwater collection, new varieties and proven winners.
$20 advance purchase, $25 on tour day, $5 on tour day for single-garden ticket.
Information and tickets at www.InsideAustinGardens.org