The 2013 fair,“Get Up, Get Green!", will feature numerous booths, activities, and classes under the areas of Horticulture, Family Health & Nutrition, and Kiddos. This fair will be very fun, hands-on and interactive. There will be an assortment of DIY and demonstration activities, including make your own container garden station, produce tastings, garden planning, cooking demonstrations, and free seedlings offered to participants. Mini-classes will also be held inside the Zaragosa community center throughout the day.
Do you want:
- To learn (and see) how to build a rain barrel for under $20?
- A free veggie or herb seedling (and to watch a cooking demo using this produce?)
- To learn very inexpensive, innovative, and EASY (no power tools involved!) ways to create container and raised-bed gardens?
- To learn about school gardening, beneficial insects, backyard chickens, organic veggie gardening, citrus, all manners of composting, butterfly gardens, or beekeeping, or get expert advice on many other topics?
- To meet a SNAP registration counselor? and learn how to double your benefits at farmers markets?
- Your kids to make cool outdoorsy crafts and have fun learning about the ecology and nutrition?
Then join Texas A&M AgriLife Extension, Travis County Master Gardeners, Travis County Master Wellness Volunteers, and many community partners at the 2013 East Austin Garden Fair!
For more information, please email Lindsay Razzaz at email@example.com. Or, call 512-854-9600.